Explore The Knight.
- Develop and drive web and digital strategies in support of VCU’s marketing and communication goals, institutional priorities, recruitment, internal and external community engagement, and it's global reputation
- Day-to-day leadership and development of an interdisciplinary digital team that executes content strategy, UX, design, and development for VCU's web properties and digital communications
- Use data and analytics to measure impact, create metrics reports, and refine strategies to ensure the most effective and dynamic digital experience for VCU
- Served as technical lead of the VCU.edu redesign which launched in fall 2017, which improved the site infrastructure/content/experience and own success metrics/KPIs
- Oversaw the strategic development, maintenance, and innovation of vcu.edu web properties and digital architecture while ensuring adherence to the university's strategic goals and initiatives, increasing brand awareness, enhancing user experience, raising VCU’s profile online, and supporting strategic enrollment and marketing efforts
- Managed and led an interdisciplinary technology team consisting of UX, analytics, content, development (front and back-end), and IT experts
- Led mission critical web-based marketing and technology initiatives
- Supported web-related digital marketing efforts such as SEO and SEM
- Served as technical lead of the VCU.edu redesign which launched in summer 2013, which improved the site infrastructure/content/experience and own success metrics/KPIs
- Managed and directed the activities of the technology team which consisted of UX, analytics, developers (front and back-end), web production assistants, web maintenance coordinators, and IT experts
- Provided strategic direction in the areas of technology and IT development, to ensure the division maintained a scalable and sustainable IT infrastructure
- Developed a process for ongoing collection, reporting and analysis of web statistics for team review and continual improvement
- Developed websites and applications from conception to implementation
- Oversaw the strategic development, maintenance, and innovation of VCU.edu web properties and digital architecture
- Led the technical strategy, development, deployment and innovation of the division’s web, mobile, and IT initiatives
- Oversaw the direction and development of new features and enhancements on software applications/websites.
- Grew the technology team from four (4) team members to eleven (11) to support VCU’s growing need for centralized web support
- Worked closely with internal and external clients, third-party vendors, and university partners
- Managed and directed the activities of the technology team which consisted of front and back-end developers, web production assistants, web maintenance coordinators, and IT experts
As the resident development lead and technology expert, I was responsible for building on the technology that powers the leading online site and human resource service provider for the agriculture, food, natural resources, and biotechnology industry. Some of my duties included: collaborating with business and product owner leads to create innovative new features to better serve millions of job seekers, working independently and in a team environment to design, implement, and test highly available and highly performing features to a heavily trafficked web site, building and developing internal applications, as well as identifying opportunities to make processes and workflows more efficient.
As Application Architect/Programmer Lead, I worked on the Applications Development team, where I served as senior technical and project lead for various agency efforts. In my role, I was responsible for the architecture, design, development, and delivery of solutions that enabled internal and external stakeholders to communicate, collaborate, and report on agency activities more efficiently. This included projects spanning a variety of technical areas such as: content management systems, web portals, web services, and data warehouses, which allowed information to be delivered securely across both web and mobile based platforms.
As a Senior Programmer Analyst in the Alternative Services Group, my roles, in addition to my continued development and support of state-wide service systems, included the added responsibility of serving as a senior technical lead on various projects. My responsibilities also included continued work on systems aimed at automating and bringing services, that were previously manual processes, to the web and other platforms with the goal of improving efficiency and scalability. In addition to these development duties, I earned the added responsibility of assisting with the development and maintenance of the Interactive Voice Response system as it began its state-wide rollout.
At the state of Virginia’s Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), I was a Programmer Analyst working in the Alternative Services Group. My role included creating and supporting service systems across various digital channels with the goal of providing efficient and quality service to DMV’s growing customer base. This included developing both internal and external systems to support and facilitate the Department’s state-wide online initiatives. Some of my projects included development and/or support of the state-wide online license renewal system, an internal purchasing system for local DMV’s to order materials from DMV headquarters, and a vehicle registration system.
While at Merge Computer Group, I worked in a small agency start-up environment, where my responsibilities included conception, design, development, implementation, and deployment of a variety of web-based solutions. I worked in all phases of the project lifecycle on tasks such as user interface design, front-end development, server-side programming, and database architecture. My projects included e-commerce platforms, personal websites, and custom data driven web applications.
The Digital Knight is a full service boutique digital agency with over a decade of experience crafting interactive digital products and services. Many businesses are looking for ways to create a stronger digital presence while still maintaining a lean budget. At The Digital Knight, I focus on helping businesses build and grow their digital presence by offering competitively priced services without sacrificing quality. I provide full-service digital Strategy, Design, & Development.
Media Monitoring Revolutionized, EDGE Mobile Analytics eliminates inbox overload and the need to monitor multiple social media platforms, blogs, forums and websites to help you stay on top of current events.
Founder | Flow Labs
Over the last three years, my agency has worked with Terrance on dozens of projects ranging from unique API integrations of very complex systems to dynamic WordPress builds for my firm's most valuable clients. What sets Terrance apart is his attention to detail, understanding of projects from the client perspective, and commitment to quality work on time and budget. When unexpected challenges do arise, Terrance works with us to find solutions, not issues with scope. Terrance's depth of experience lends considerable insights to projects from inception to completion. He has our full trust and confidence to work independently as well as directly with our clients.
Principal | Gray Street Solutions
Managing Director | SandlerSearch
Founder | 360° Skills Academy
Founder | OpenSilo
Owner | Bunny Hill Designs
Founder | BlueTreeDigital